Saturday, July 06, 2019

News From Dens........................

Dundee lost 2-1 in a closed door friendly with Scunthorpe. The Irons took a early lead, but Paul McGowan levelled with a great strike from 20 yards. Later on Scunthorpe took the lead again. It was a good test and work out for the players. ExDees Andy Dales and James Horsfield both played for Scunthorpe. 
Dundee: Ferrie, Kerr, McGhee (Fisher), Ness (Cameron), Forster (McDaid), Byre (Robertson), Nelson (Curran), McGowan (Moore), Marshall, Anderson (Todd), Mulligan.
Dundee will play Dunfermline Athletic on Friday 2nd August, the game will be live on BBC Scotland Kick-Off 7.05pm. Other games to be moved our listed below.  
Friday 30th August : Dundee United v Dundee, BT Sports, Kick-Off 7:45pm
Friday 27th September: Queen of the South v Dundee, BBC Scotland, Kick-Off 7:05pm
Friday 25th October : Ayr United v Dundee, BBC Scotland, Kick-Off 7:05pm
Friday 1st November: Dundee v Morton, BBC Scotland, Kick-Off 7:05pm 
I never seen the Dunfermline fixture being changed I was looking forward to the day out in Dunfermline! Instead l will rushing to get to the game after work. I will also need to get some time off as I finish at 6pm.
 I was planning to go to Ayr but now will need a holiday to go. Likely will miss the Tannadice game now as transport is not great after 6pm in fife after my work. The only game I'm off for on the Friday is the Morton game , so I will be able to go now. 
Likely the next Derby will be Friday as well so will need a early finish at work to be able to go. It's the kick -off time of 7:05 makes it hard for me to attend I'm sure their is a lot of other Fans in the same boat!
Dundee drew 0-0 with English side Nottingham Forest. Going by reports it was a even game, it would have been a good work out for the squad with 19 players being used by Manager James McPake. It was good to see a few Dundee Fans making the trip across to Spain, a three week holiday this coming November ended my interest on going I did check the flights details ect. 
Dundee: Hamilton, Kerr, McGhee, Meekings (Forster), Todd (Mulligan),Byrne (Ness) McGowan(Cameron),McDaid (Anderson), Curran (Nelson), Robertson (Moore), Marshall (Fisher).